Phase I of the Brentwood School District facilities updates was substantially completed on August 23, 2021, with final completion of elevator 3 and minor punch and warranty items completed throughout winter 2021.
Below is a summary of the final costs associated with the project.
|Original Budget||Final Costs|
Budget and Schedule Factors
- Unforeseen conditions
- Owner added scope items
- Planning and sequencing work
- Design issues
- Low budget for contingency items
- COVID-19 impact
Strategies for Future Projects
- Early owner input in the planning and design phases
- Estimates at scheduling and design development levels. Design adjustments after estimates to maintain budgets.
- Healthy contingencies for both new construction and renovation work
- Bi-weekly meetings between owner, architect, and contractors
- Transparency on schedule and budget updates.