Next week, the public is invited to a Gym Open House to view the new gymnasium and support our student athletes in a basketball tripleheader against Valley Park. The Open House will take place on Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 with the first game starting at 4:00 PM. We hope you can join us!
On February 6th, the district will host an information night related to Prop E and Phase II of the facilities improvement process. We will gather in the conference center at 6:00 PM to share information and details with the community.
Construction on the current project is continuing throughout the building. Finishing touches are being installed in the gym area. Additionally, work on the third floor science labs is nearly complete. In the coming months, some classrooms will begin moving to their permanent home on the third floor.
At the start of second semester, we are pleased with the progress of construction throughout the middle and high school. At this point, there are several areas that have been completed or are nearing completion. Here’s a brief overview of the work so far:
- Cafeteria: The new cafeteria has been open for use since the fall. In addition to modern equipment and serving lines, the atmosphere has been upgraded to provide students with easier access to healthy lunch choices while reducing food waste.
- Band Room: Reopened for students in the fall, the new, open space concept band room provides a large, comfortable space for students to practice.
- Large Gym: Complete with new bleachers and scoreboard, the large gymnasium is open and capable of providing a quality experience for PE students, athletes, and the community! Please visit one of our games to see the amazing changes for yourself!
- Mezzanine / Wrestling Room: The wrestling team will now have an enclosed space to practice that will feature a new resin floor that provides a safe and comfortable practice area. A drop-down batting cage will also be installed so that batting practice can take place indoors in the future.
- 3rd Floor Science and STEM Labs: These state of the art classrooms are nearly ready to be occupied by students! This space will house the new biology, chemistry, physics, and multipurpose science lab classrooms and storage areas, providing a modern scientific learning environment to help keep students competitive.
- Commons Construction: Excavation is complete for the new commons/library area and the foundation is currently being constructed. This addition to the building will provide meeting spaces and common areas for students during the day as well as for the community outside of school hours.
- Other Updates: A lot of work has been taking place behind the scenes to make the building more energy efficient and comfortable. Repairs to plumbing, insulation, HVAC, and electrical are occurring throughout the building.
For the latest, be sure to visit www.brentwoodblog.org for updates, news, and information related to construction.