This week, we hosted approximately 30 members of the community for a tour of the construction progress! The community was able to see first-hand the following areas:
- Cafeteria and Dining Room – Known as “The Cave,” the dining room might need a new nickname with its brightly colored walls, LED lighting, and other upgrades!
- Band Room – Recently reopened for students, the new band room has some finishing touches to complete before it’s finished. However, the new, open space concept provides a large, comfortable space for students to practice.
- Large Gym – Progress is still being made to complete the gym in time for competition season. The floor is being installed and bleachers are expected to arrive for installation in November.
- Mezzanine / Wrestling Room – This space has come a long way! The wrestling team will now have an enclosed space to practice that will feature a new resonant floor. A drop-down batting cage will also be installed so that batting practice can take place indoors in the future.
- 3rd Floor Science and STEM Labs – Framing has been completed for the new biology, chemistry, physics, and multipurpose science lab rooms and storage areas.